Delicately Spicy Capsicum Masala Curry
Capsicum is rich in Vitamins A,C, and K, which helps in cell repairing, fighting Cancer, anti-ageing process. While we use it for all the Chinese or Egg preparations, this Indian style Capsicum Masala Curry is something you need to try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
2 Medium Green Capsicum
1 teaspoon grated Dry Coconut
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds- powdered
1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 teaspoon Tamarind Juice
2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
3/4 Cup Water
- In a pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Wait till they start popping.
- Next, add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
- Add turmeric, and then cubed capsicums to the pan. Cook with lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the Tamarind juice or Lemon juice (if you don’t have tamarind), chilli powder and sauté.
- After a minute or two, add powdered or whole sesame seeds, grated coconut, and salt to taste.
- Add water according to your choice of consistency.
- Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Enjoy the curry with hot phulkas or rice.
Let us know how did it turn out to be in the comments below!