South India’s Popular Breakfast Dish: Poha Dosa Recipe
Today, everyone has become health conscious and is always on a look-out for some delicious yet a nutritious meal. Poha is a soft and crispy snack that is lactose-free, heart healthy and fat-free. If you are allergic to wheat products, opt for Poha because it is ‘gluten-free’.
So without further ado, let’s see how you can make the most of the nutritious and delicious Poha.
- Thick beaten rice (Jada poha) – 1 Cup
- Raw rice (chawal) – 1 ½ cups
- Urad dal (split black lentils) – 5 tbsp
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds – ½ tbsp
- Curd (Dahi) – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for cooking
Let’s Get Started
- Soak raw rice, urad dal, poha and fenugreek seeds in water for 6 hours.
- Now, drain the water, blend it in a mixer with curd and 1 3/4thcups of water.
- Make sure the paste is of a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the batter into a deep bowl, add salt, cover and keep it in a warm place for 8 hours for fermentation.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour the batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve it hot with Sambhar and coconut chutney.
For more such healthy and tasty recipes, stay tuned to KittyBee Rasoi.