दही के कबाब – A Quick and Easy Tea-time Snack
Hung curd is the key ingredient of dahi kababs. Paneer and bread crumbs are brought in use for volume and shape. This trio is mixed with herbs, masalas and cashewnuts along with deep-fried onions, which provide an enticing crunch and intense flavor to the kebabs. You can relish this exclusive starter straight away with green chutney.
Here is the recipe for Dahi Kababs:
- 1/2 cup hung curds (chakka dahi)
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- 1 1/4 cups grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 5 tbsp bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- Oil for deep-frying
- A pinch of sugar
- Bread crumbs for rolling
- Salt to taste
1. Put all the ingredients in a bigger bowl and combine well.
2. Split this mixture into 8 equal portions and turn each portion into a round kebab.
3. Spin each kebab in bread crumbs to coat them evenly from both the sides.
4. Take a non stick kadhai and heat the oil. Deep fry 2 kebabs together at the same time till they
turn golden brown from both the sides. Avoid turning the kabab frequently as these can break.
5. Sap these on an absorbent paper to eliminate excess oil.
Serve instantly with green chutney.
Stay tuned for more recipes!