Kerala Special: Light & Healthy Rava Appams
If you are the one who likes something light and healthy – Rava Appams are just what you need. It is excellent for a quick breakfast and also a taste-pleasing snack for the guests.
The beauty of this recipe is that they can be easily cooked and are ready within minutes. They are not only a treat to the eye but a pleasure to the tongue. Why, because they are extremely soft and fluffy and not to forget, they taste amazing.
Let’s check-out how Rava Appams are made!
You Will Need
Appam Patra- available on Flipkart.
- Semolina/ Rawa- Half cup
- Curd- Half Cup
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Green Peas- 1/4th Cup
- Capsicum- 1/4th Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Onion- 1/4th Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Beans- 1/4th Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Carrot- 1/4th Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Ginger- ½ inch (1 tsp paste)
- Salt- ½ tsp or as per taste
- Mustard Seeds- ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves- 7 to 8 (chopped)
- Eno – 1 packet (small)
- First, to prepare tadka heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds to it. On spluttering, add curry leaves into it and sauté for a while. Later add this mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Now, take Rawa in a big mixing bowl. Add whisked curd and mix really well.
- To the batter add finely chopped vegetables, ginger paste and mix.
- Cover and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, add mustard and curry leaves tadka to the batter.
- In the end, add Eno fruit salt to the batter and mix gently for a minute. (Please note: If the batter appears to be thick add some more water)
- Preheat the Appam maker with a little oil in each mould. Fill the moulds with batter. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- When the appams get golden brown from beneath, flip the side and continue cooking until golden brown from the other side as well.
- Cook the appams until they get golden brown from both sides
- Mouth drooling Rawa Appams are ready!
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce
KittyBee would like to extend its heart felt gratitude to Mrs. Harshdeep Kaur Ahluwalia for sharing this delicious and easy to make Rava Appams recipe with us.
Don’t forget to share with us your unique version of any recipe in the comments section below and we will feature it with your name.